View Single Post
Old
09-03-2012, 01:24 PM
NHL Fanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheads101 View Post
You're kidding right? Were you actually there?
Burnside looked great...he has got a little more height on him this year. McIntyre looked great...nice suprise!
Walsh...who is Walsh? Not one of the non-returning D looked good in my opinion and they would HAVE to be better than the 7 already there to be able to crack that line up. That being said, since you mentioned Carrick, I'm again not sure what you saw, but I thought he didn't have a great camp - probably knowing he didn't need to.

As for Cord, he's there. I thought the same thing when I didn't see his name. Don't know if something is in the works, or if it's just a huge oversight. Steelheads need to get on top of their website and keep it more up-to-date. No camp pics or comments, no exhibition comments, nada!!!
Relax that was just day 1. No need to attack that is just my opinion. If you watch Carrick you know he isn't a flashy defensemen. He was pretty good in the corners escaping the forecheck without an issue. Good first pass, and he was doing well defensively. Now if you look at my earlier posts you would know I didn't have Walsh making the team this year but he wasn't bad. Did you actually watch him play, he made good first passes, played good positionally and wasn't bad for a rookie. He did have some turnovers but he will mature. And yes I was at training and attended the first two exhibition games. And as for Cord he didn't play of day 1, but he will be suiting up with the team, I don't expect them to get rid of him. Cobbold did not participate due to injury.