View Single Post
Old
09-03-2012, 03:15 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
All strong points for sure. Chaisson certainly continued to be the more offensive threat between he and Wesley. We had a few guys in there offensively that could be considered more useful than Wes, it was just my contention that he did have something of an offensive role earlier in his career for those that simply remember him as the inoffensive shut down guy he eventually became. I would even argue at some point during his tenure that Sean Hill flirted with being the real deal for a few seasons. The year he had in 1999-2000 was as strong of an all around season as anybody has put up here. 44 points and 13 goals in 62 games while averaging 24:31 per night.

Then he signs that deal in St. Louis and wrecks all the forward momentum he had in his role here. He comes back in 2001-2002 and plays as underrated of a role as anybody played on that team.
Yeah hill had that one great year. I was never a huge fan to be honest,though. Jeff brown could've been one of our best ever, his back had basically did him in before he ever showed up. Chaisson, brown, and James Patrick were the three that impressed the most in terms of impact on the team from the day they showed up. Not sure I've seena cane dman have that much an impact, other than maybe your hill comparison. Those last few whaler teams had good d. Wesley, leschyshyn, brown, chaisson, diduck, Patrick for short while, Burt. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Glynn. Lots of former nucks.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote