View Single Post
Old
09-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Guffaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickchecked View Post
The question was specifically about "before playing" so I'll stick to that. The most important part, IMHO, is how long before playing should you eat. And I feel that is a very personal decision.

For an evening game, I need to eat no more than 4 hours before a game and no closer than 2 hours before. I'm generally indifferent to what the meal is.

When I play morning pickup, I'll wake up and have a small protein shake and small bowl of cereal. That will be ~1 hour before playing but I've never had a problem with it.

In the end, you have to figure out what works for you. Everyone's digestive temperment is different. (Mine, for instance, has changed over time.)
Pretty much same here although I seem to feel better eating my pregame ~6hrs. before and then a banana 1 hr. before. Definitely no closer to the game than 4 hrs. or I feel full, slow, bloated.

Morning pickup is C4 preworkout drink, banana, maybe some oatmeal if i have time.

Main thing is I want my glycogen stores full and my stomach as close to empty as I can get it.

Guffaw is offline   Reply With Quote