View Single Post
Old
09-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
Even with Swan and Pridham rumoured to be playing this season the loss of Campbell/Wiebe means UNB has lost 9 players from last year (also Bailey/Clendenning/Lee/Lynes/Stamler/Harty/Gallant) while only bringing in 5 (Braes/Critchlow/Robertson/Swan/Pridham)...seems strange to think they would go with such a smaller roster this year (14 F, 7 D, 2 G by my calculations).
I don't imagine they 'want' a short bench, but sometimes your own success can be your downfall. I've seen some players go to ACD, SFX, and OUA teams that I thought would fit in well at UNB, but having to wait or sit in the stands maybe a turn-off and they go a different route.

The tough part for Campbell is the in-class teaching component in the 2nd half. You're working at school until 3:30-4:00 each day which is when practice is on. I'd like to see him find a way - especially with Nationals in Saskatoon.

As for Weibe, if he's left,- that's his choice. I don't like rent-a-players, but such is life. He almost can't return to CIS if he does play pro at this point. With the pending lockout - there is a lot of talent in the A that will push down to the E and the C leagues - staying in school might be a better play (maybe he didn't go to class or got poor marks and can't return?)

As for my observation: looks like this might be a run-and-gun out score the opponent season and a hold-the-fort on D and Goal, but the bottom line will be "stay healthy".