View Single Post
Old
09-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Memento
Missourian.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
A couple of interesting moves today for the Rams.

Hoomanawanui was released as was Quinn Ojinnaka. Replacing them was a guard, Shelley Smith from the Texans and an offensive tackle from the Colts.

Salas was traded the other day to New England. Never seemed like he got much of a shot once it was determined he couldnt' play outside.
Said offensive tackle (Ty Nsekhe) is 6'8", 325 lbs and spent time in the Arena Football League as an offensive tackle/tight end. He's unbelievably gifted when it comes to physical talent, and he has a major nasty streak to go along with it. However, he's extremely raw. He'd be a great developmental project, much like the guard that we picked up for the practice squad (Brandon Washington).

Shelley Smith looks like a numbers casualty; the Texans swing tackle went down, and they had to release a guard in order to sign another tackle. Still, four teams put in a waivers claim for him (us, Tennessee, Seattle, and Minnesota), so he had to have been doing something right.

I also like the running back we picked up via waivers (Terrance Ganaway). 6'0", 240 lbs., but with deceptive speed. He'll be the guy for goalline situations. Kellen Heard looks like a stopgap until Brockers comes back, but Waufle coached him before (Heard was on the Raiders practice squad when Waufle was there), so maybe he sees something we don't.

As for Salas? A lot of guys outplayed him, and for some reason or other, he wasn't the same receiver that he was last year. I'm just glad that we got a future pick for him instead of releasing him outright.

I'm really liking what the Rams are doing; we're looking at the future as well as the present and picking up players with high upside as developmental projects. We can afford that; after years of doing the same thing over and over again, we should be trying something different.