View Single Post
Old
09-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Conrgats to Rory. Love his game and his easy going attitude. No cussing,no tossing clubs,and always does a true interview after all is said and done no matter how he did.
Yes, congrats to Rory indeed. If Tiger can't win, there is nobody else I would rather see at the top of the leaderboard at the end of the day.

It's too bad you had to throw the dig at Tiger though. Rory is my second favorite player on tour but my god, people have selective memories.

http://www.u.tv/Sport/Frustrated-Ror...7-49cf50313a15

Tons of golf players curse after bad shots, many golfers let go of their clubs after bad shots as well. When the cameras are on Tiger all the time, of course you're going to think he does it more than anyone else. As for interviews, Tiger is the only player on tour that gives interviews before the tournament, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun on tour after his rounds week after week after week. Last week was only the second time in his career he hasn't given an interview after his Sunday round. And when is the last time Tiger threw a club?

People focus on every little negative detail with Tiger. So how about focusing on the positives as well? How about when he walked and chatted with the kid holding the scoreboard towards the green on the par-5 7th today for about 5 minutes? And then you have the people who tried convincing themselves earlier this year Tiger & Rory hated each-other - I wonder if it bothers them now that they see the two have a close friendship. People need to get over their disdain of the guy. Don't like him, fine.. but don't make things up.

Another Tiger/Rory pairing on Thurs+Fri next week at Crooked Stick. Good for golf fans. Another long hitter paradise... Rory could be the first to go back-to-back since Tiger.

Last edited by Ser Woof: 09-03-2012 at 07:05 PM.