View Single Post
Old
09-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Tigers1992

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDB View Post
http://kingstonfrontenacs.com/article/cut-down-day

So let me get this straight. we have an OA goalie in Morrison and a 19 yr goalie in Furlong, by the way where did he come from?

So much for developing a young kid in nets this year, don't give me, well they develop in jr b/c or where ever because they never get called back up, bottom line.
Out of curiosity, what goaltender in the system is qualified be the backup?

I have to be honest, I don't think any of them are, and Joel Howard isn't ready yet. I have been critical of the Front's goaltending drafting under the past GM/Scouting regime. Those guys are gone, its on Gilmour now, but he's only had one year.

Don't put the sins of the past GM on Gilmour, he's only been in there for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
Sorry MisterDB but the cynic in me has to say "Why the fixation with developing a young kid in nets?" Like I've said before Gilmour has only drafted 2 goalies ,they are both 96's . They have the max 96's with the top 4 picks this year. Furlong will be back next year maybe one of the drafted kids will get a shot at making the team next year.
Appologies, I just saw this reply. 100 percent correct. Furlong is a free signing, if he succeeds, then good on the Fronts for finding him.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 09-03-2012 at 08:26 PM.