View Single Post
Old
09-04-2012, 04:53 AM
Rally Donkey

vCash: 500
I had season tickets to the Whalers last year. He had a great year. I liked a lot of guys on that team for different reasons, but Levi was my favorite defenseman. I'll be sorry to see him go. Nobody shuts it down like him- his mobility on the penalty kill is so much fun to watch. He just takes everything away and works really well with whoever he's paired with. I don't know if they stream Charlotte games on the web, but I will be looking for them. A lot of pros work out at a nearby gym here. He's up to 6'4", 210 lbs.

If this were a regular year, I think he'd get to see some exhibition games with the Canes, spend most of the season with Charlotte, and maybe get called up for a game or two during the season. With the lockout, it depends on who else shows up at the Checkers camp. If locked out veterans decide to play in the AHL, that wouldn't be good for a guy like Levi. I think he needs that experience in order to make the permanent transition to NHL more quickly and to make it stick. He's a totally differnt player from Faulk and Murphy, although I think for the style of game he plays (defensive D/shut down/PK) he is ready for the NHL this year with just a couple of months of AHL play to get used to the tempo. The ECHL is a good option too, but I am betting there's going to be quite a dog fight at camp for the spots in Charlotte. I think chances are better that we will see him in Charlotte than in Florida.

Rally Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote