Thread: Prospect Info: FINAL PROSPECT LIST (Summer 2012)
View Single Post
Old
09-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
i just don't understand some of these knee-jerk opinions.
Ryan Bourque is being thrown away, because he didn't score in his first pro season?
during Hartford's most mediocre, leaderless season in years?
the kid is 21-1/2, and has been a leader and contributor everywhere he's played.
Bourque is as likely to have NHL success as Dylan Mcilrath, who my be the next Beukeboom, but could be up being the next Jessiman - I am NOT knocking McIlrath, I am just saying NO ONE can say with such certainty.
My concern re Bourque is just that we too many smaller F's - Bourque, Thomas, McColgan, St.Croix
Nobody is "throwing" Bourque away. He's just experienced so many setbacks in his development that people are questioning his ability to play in the NHL. If he couldn't stay healthy in the Q or the AHL, it's hard to imagine him staying healthy in the NHL.

Tough to say that Bourque has an equal shot to McIlrath when it comes to making the NHL. McIlrath could easily carve out a role as a Shane O'Brien or Matt Carkner type even if his development completely stalls out over the next couple years. Bourque doesn't have his fists to fall back on.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote