09-04-2012, 10:57 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
So I could use a little advice:

About a week and a half ago, I applied for a job at the PNC. The interview went well (IMO), and a couple days after that, I filed the paperwork for my bank account, tax forms, etc. Which to my understanding is a pretty good indication that you've got a job there.

I was then told that they would call me sometime in the following week to give me a better idea of what position I'd be filling (they still had another week of applicants), but if I hadn't heard anything by today, to give them a call at [insert number].

Well, I didn't get a call last week, so I tried calling them today and it's a number that's not associated with the PNC in anyway. I'm not sure if they gave me the wrong number or I wrote it down wrong. I'm thinking I should stop by the PNC and get this cleared up, but I'm really not sure how to approach that.

"Hey, I think you guys hired me a little while ago, but I'm not sure. Do I have a job here?"
I'd simply drop by and say "I think I may have written down the number to call about a possible job here incorrectly, can you verify the number I'm supposed to call?"