View Single Post
Old
09-04-2012, 01:21 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
He was a projected 1st - overall before he fell. Falling out of the top-5 is about as precipitous a fall as falling from 20-ish to the 2nd round. RNH, Landeskog, and Larsson have made good cases for why they were picked ahead of him.

The same that is said of Couturier can also be said of Cam Fowler and perhaps Brandon Gormley. In my opinion, there is no reason why Florida, the Islanders, and especially Winnipeg should have passed on him.
Heading into the draft, few outlets seriously considered Couturier a likely Top 3 pick. It was very plausible when nearing draft day that he'd fall outside the Top 5. So falling to #8 wasn't a massive shock.

I'd take Huberdeau over Couturier, because one has elite offensive upside, the other doesn't. Couturier made the NHL, had a solid year and a good playoff series, but the concerns in his draft year wern't that he wouldn't make a good NHL player, but that his offensive upside was perhaps lower than a few others in the draft. Not sure any of this has changed yet in my opinion.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote