View Single Post
Old
09-04-2012, 02:50 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
There is discussion about the Islanders moving to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, its about that size.

And i don't believe the Islanders can survive long in Brooklyn. They have been located outside New York City, moving into Brooklyn, which is Rangers territory, is not smart.
Our LI brethren will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Mausoleum is a pain to get to from the LIRR whereas the Barclays Center sits literally on TOP of the 3rd largest hub on the system(just like MSG sits on top of Penn Station). The Barclays Center will also have all the modern amenities such as luxury suites which are key to revenue production. Throw in the instant access as a new hometown team to the population of a borough that would be the 3rd or 4th largest city in the country if it wasn't part of NYC...?

I'm not so sure you're correct there, SSM. Especially if they rename the mascot and change the uniforms with the move. I grant you that moving into Rangers territory presents a significant problem, but then again the Nets seem to be having no trouble wedging their way in.

Honestly, if the capacity wasn't an issue this would be my strong preference as a Plan B over the Lighthouse project if I were Wang.