Thread: Speculation: The 2013-14 Red Wings
View Single Post
Old
09-04-2012, 03:03 PM
jroc86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I think the wings are at a point where they will be making space for young guys to prepare for the losses of Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Between this upcoming season and the 2 after I think we'll see Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Dekeyser, and Jarnkrok all playing fairly major roles on the team with Datsyuk and Z still around to help them
Totally agree - this is what I'm really hoping for. Going forward in the next 4-5 years Dats, Z, Filp, Kronner, Ericsson, Jimmy as the core of still effective mentoring veterans in place with the next generation of young talent of (12/13) Smith, Brunner, Nyquist, (13/14) Tatar, Dekeyser, Sheahan, Jarknok (14/15) Ouelllet, Mrazek, Sproul, Jurco, Pukkinen etc etc.

If our core stays fairly healthy, half these kids become roster players, and a few good FA acquisitions happen the fairly immediate future should be looking pretty sharp.

Cant stress enough how much I want to ensure that KH locks Pavel up for another 2-3 years once his current deal is up. Practicing/playing/travelling/learning from a guy like that is huge for the development of allot of our young euros who probably looked up to him bigtime as they grew up.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote