View Single Post
Old
09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
RalphWiggum

vCash: 500
TotalOne replaced with Nexus via Bauer warranty, unintended trade up?

So I broke a TotalOne (LH, P88, 102 flex) the other week, and Bauer was nice enough to replace it even though it was out of warranty by a couple of weeks. My replacement came today and they sent me a Nexus 1000 instead (curious they didn't send me a TotalOne NXG).

I just took it out of the box and stickhandled around a little bit with a baseball and wow does it feel different than the TO. I know there are some inherent differences with the sticks and I've met only one person that's used the Nexus, in fact they made the same switch from the TO, and they gave the Nexus positive reviews.

I get to test it out tomorrow night on the ice and I'm pretty pumped to see how it performs.

I'm wondering if this is an inadvertent trade up going to the Nexus from the TO.

And if anyone has experience between Nexus and TO whether I should cut the Nexus the same length as I cut my TO given the same curve/lie/flex? In other words would the different kick points between the two sticks alter where I'd cut the shaft?

RalphWiggum is offline   Reply With Quote