View Single Post
Old
09-04-2012, 05:52 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchbrown View Post
I believe that Landeskog has been praised for his all-around game; that he's dependable in all three zones.

Ovechkin has had six more years than Landeskog to develop that all-around game in the NHL . . . and yet Hunter had to bench Ovechkin during large parts of the playoffs last season because Ovechkin couldn't even be trusted on the ice when the team needed to protect a lead.

What kind of "leader" refuses to make improvements to his game that the Caps have been trying to get him to make ever since his rookie year? Hanlon even benched Ovechkin late in his rookie year for not being defensively responsible. Obviously, that benching had no effect at all, since Ovechkin last season remained just as undependable.

And where has Ovechkin "carried" his team to, since he can't score enough to get them out of the second round? Oh, and you'll say that it's the fault of his teammates . . .? I don't think Ovechkin has "carried" Caps anywhere. He has failed right along with them. I have higher expectations for a captain than just scoring a few goals.
Ovechkin got benched because of a Wideman **** up and Holtby with his 4 foot wide five hole.

What Ovechkin is supposed to do when Semin is no help on the PP? Backstrom?

He still out scores everyone on the team while taking the the full brunt of the blame.

When it comes time for a lockout, I bet Landeskog ends up the in the CHL making no attempts to lead his team through a lockout by suggesting they all join the same European team.

Ovechkin carried this team through 07/08 to get the ****ing A! Where as Landeskog carried the Avalanche to getting the Capitals Forsberg. Thanks kid!