View Single Post
Old
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM

vCash: 500
Yeah I've always liked Teppo too.

I think style comes into play with those defensemen. Numminen was the best defensively out of that Jets bunch by a long shot while still putting up good numbers. Just like Lidstrom he would break up plays and start the transition up ice with a great pass that would catch every forward up ice.

Housley on the other hand was up ice on almost every play. He was able to put up a huge ammount of points because of what he did on his own where as Teppo needed the other end of the transition finished for him. TN didn't have that and Lidstrom had that his entire career.

It reminds me of Larry Murphy. Murphy on teams like Minny and TO looked really bad because he was asked to provide offense and rush the puck a lot. He has skill but wasn't exactly Paul Coffey. Murphy was downright lethal, IMO he should have won a Norris or two, with the Pens and Red Wings because he didn't have to lead the offense as much as be a part of it. He could make his headsy defensive play, headman to an elite group of F's and follow up plays.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote