View Single Post
Old
09-04-2012, 05:40 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Welcome to my hell that I endured for basically 9 months after I graduated in May 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
If you want a decent job you're almost invariably going to have to use connections. I spent months job-hunting to no avail, but when I finally swallowed my pride and got help from the people I had available to me I had an interview within a week and a job within two.
I've been out of work for a year and 4 months. I worked in Hoboken for a financial coming making nice money. Was laid off due to "company restructuring". Found a temp to hire job at a pharmaceutical almost 4 months later. ****** bags fired me 2 days later cause I "wasn't a good fit chemistry wise". And it's been pretty much nothing for me ever since. Have gotten interviews and finished 2nd in the running to 3 or 4 places. In the meantime, I went back to CSB, got an internship at Sirius, and I am about to start a 2nd one..Hey, I got time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I too have applied to a bunch of places.

I can't even get a job in retail.
Me either..I had a job at Shop Rite in Appy..what a **** hole. Lasted a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Toy's R Us told me no
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I had to use connections just to get a job at CVS
Haha..my connection in Brookstone literally guaranteed me a job. She's the assistant manager. Manager came in later that day, said he doesn't have an opening in the schedule right now.

Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 09-04-2012 at 05:58 PM.