Thread: Off Season.
View Single Post
Old
05-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Devonator

vCash: 500
Well I know we are all dismayed by the ending to this season but this team does not need some draconian overall by any means.....basically injuries did us in and also that we broke in many fine young players this year....for the future, this year will be a real positive with all these rooks getting a season under their belt...

That being said, it is most imperative that we gian some kind of fleet footed defenceman and lose either Hatcher or Rathje....it is okay to have one stay at home type defenceman but to have both of these lumbering giants is hurting us...

It will certainly be interesting to see of KP or KJ cannot come back as that gives us quite a bit more cap space and possibly a run at one of the elite Senators d men that will be on the market this year.......of course, most other teams will also be going after those guys.....

I think what is basically in order is some fine tuning....dropping a few guys and picking up a couple of guys...someone like Samsonov would be nice and probably not to expensive either and surely, with all due respect, he doesn't want to stay in Edmonton.....

I am most assuredly looking to next year and beyond with the young talent we already have and have coming on board in the next couple of years with Downie and Potulny etc etc......

Should be an interesting off season to be sure....

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote