View Single Post
Old
09-04-2012, 11:20 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Not sure if this was posted somewhere here, but this is a pretty good article on the likely stumbling block in the CBA process.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4429817/

I'm not surprised the same group of billionaires that does everything they can to lobby congress into lowering their taxes during one of the greatest ongoing economic crises, and tries to stare down the other side in the face of the US defaulting on it's loans, also makes up the same group of people that have no problems staring down the PA with another lockout looming, just to prevent having to give up anymore money to struggling franchises.

It's the "there may be a problem, but that's your problem" mentality. The "I'll be damned if I have to give up another percentage point of my billion dollar revenue machine" mentality. It may be water off my billion dollar back, but it's my water, get your filthy hands off it.
Jesus...I absolutely love NHL hockey. Make no bones about it, I'm a junkie. I will be back slobbering all over the product when it returns. I can't help myself. Here's the deal...It's a contract dispute. There's a union involved. Everyone makes more money than I do. They all make their money on folks in my shoes. Whoop-dee-doo.

**** happens.

Fans have two options.

1. Watch the games when they come back.
2. Don't.

It's really that simple. We don't have a voice at the bargaining table. We have a voice at the ticket booth and that's it. If we all want to prevent this **** in the future...quit watching, buying merchandise and going to games one year in advance of CBA ending date. That's the only shot in hell a fan has of making a difference.

Oh...you could also sneak on to the ice and take a dump on the "Thank You FANS!" sign the NHL will be sure to paint when coming back from this next lockout. But with DNA testing and all, I wouldn't recommend it.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote