View Single Post
Old
09-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Jesus...I absolutely love NHL hockey. Make no bones about it, I'm a junkie. I will be back slobbering all over the product when it returns. I can't help myself. Here's the deal...It's a contract dispute. There's a union involved. Everyone makes more money than I do. They all make their money on folks in my shoes. Whoop-dee-doo.

**** happens.

Fans have two options.

1. Watch the games when they come back.
2. Don't.

It's really that simple. We don't have a voice at the bargaining table. We have a voice at the ticket booth and that's it. If we all want to prevent this **** in the future...quit watching, buying merchandise and going to games one year in advance of CBA ending date. That's the only shot in hell a fan has of making a difference.

Oh...you could also sneak on to the ice and take a dump on the "Thank You FANS!" sign the NHL will be sure to paint when coming back from this next lockout. But with DNA testing and all, I wouldn't recommend it.
The fans don't have any control over it. We'll all be back no matter if there's another locked out season. The problem I have is that they're taking advantage of it, and the greed of being among the richest people in the world, but unwilling to pay back into a system that made you money, when that system is in trouble.

There's a parallel I see between the owners insisting someone else has to give a little extra to help struggling franchises, and the economic dispute where they refuse to pay a little extra back into the system that made them a billionaire when it's struggling.

Somebody else has to fix it, while they reap the biggest benefits. The greed just astonishes me. I'll never understand it.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote