View Single Post
09-05-2012, 04:00 AM
Mr Writer
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
I see what your saying but a solid performance at the Worlds does help in terms of gaining recognition of how your game translates to the international arena. Doughty's performance in 09' Worlds basically showed the selection committee that this kid is something unique and he just rode that confidence into the next season.

I really hope a player like PK. Subban can have an opportunity to play at this tournament, he's not on the same level of Doughty but his puck rushing skills and o-zone capabilities can really break down opposition teams. He's improved in his own zone as well and i'm sure just one look playing against this level can truly boost his stock.
I don't see why not, but he would have to be hands down the MVP and best player at the tournament (unlikely) to even be in the conversation for 2014... as of now P.K. has a few bodies to crawl over before he even gets to be considered for the 7th D-man position. He was selected to play on last year's WC team, but suffered a bruise in practice and bailed big time.

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote