Old
05-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
1. That goal shouldn't have gone in. Huet should have made the save

2. Rivet shouldn't have stuck his stick in front of a bad-angle shot from the blueline

3. Ryder didn't play the puck properly to allow for a clean change

4. The team as a whole gave up a 2-0 series lead and wound up losing 4-2

You can't blame one player for a goal that had multiple players to blame. Nor can you blame one goal for determining a series.
Agreed with a previous poster, excellent resume of that sequence. And I agree with you, you just can't blame it on one guy.

Sometimes I wish the team hadn't showed up so I could be pissed at them and take out my frustration on someone, but this wasn't the case. Everyone gave everything they had, the bounces just didn't go our way at all in that series. I think we deserved better, much better. 2 posts tonight, ward playing very well again and missed offensive opportunities, and plenty of them without giving much the other way. It was a good game, I'm certainly frustrated right now, but there's nothing specific I can be pissed about, and that's probably what's more frustrating.

And there's plenty of positives from these series. Can't wait to see what is done with the team this off season.