View Single Post
Old
09-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Old Vet View Post
I don't know what you saw but I find it disturbing when I read that a player played ugly or people take pot shots at players constantly. At the Blue White game and on Monday I saw some real positives. Starting from the goal out:

Blackwood was real solid. Square to the puck and quiet in net. The net looks good for a few years.

He looked great Monday, at camp he let in an average of 3 goals per 20 min period...

Garcia and Laser were the steadiest pairing, IMO, and it was good to see Garcia get a game star.

They looked okay....Lepkowski and Ekblad were by far the best defenders on the ice though Monday....Laser and garcia both are pushed around too easily but when Lase has the puck he can make magic happen.

Arjay and Racer have you ever given Laser any credit? You seem to enjoy throwing him under the bus even when he plays well.
Who's him? I believe every player i said had a bad camp I also said something positive about....with the veterans I went off a few factors, even comments from team mates and a few in management.

Macdonald and Hall seem to have nice chemistry and I would like to see them stay together for a while. Cannot image that Macdonald played ugly in the camp. Maybe he did not mesh with linemates but ugly? I did not see the scrimmages but he has been real good when I did see him. Again, Racer have you ever given him any credit? or do you only give credit to your favorite players?

Alex Fotinos was in the bad i believe....I think you may find I am his biggest fan....I watched every scrimmage and I gave my honest opinion...again I believe I said something positive even in the little write up...why are you so hung up on Macdonald? Also last year I was campaigning for him to make the team and get a regular shift so I dont know what you are referring to?

It was great to see some of the surprise younger players play so well. Ricci, Webster, Brown (not young but still a rookie), etc. They played a solid game without alot of the vets.

Cody looked awesome and is in the catbirds seat for that final 4th line job.

The Colts lost a lot of scoring so it will be fun to see who steps up. Last year was a great ride and this year may be a surprise as well.
feel free to shoot me a PM on here and we can meet up at the next game and I can explain to you what I saw....I don't want to be the 'keyboard warrior' and I know the kids read on here and am conscious of it....I rarely talk bad about a player and if I do..I state a positive...like i did with Josh's work in the summer