Thread: Off Season.
View Single Post
Old
05-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Devonator

vCash: 500
Perhaps I should define better what I mean by fine tuning!!

Guys, at the beginning of the year, we were picked as one of the favorites to win the cup along with the Sens and Wings et al......and rightly so.......and we were amongst the top 3 best teams until the end of that long road trip in Jan....since then for whatever reasons, we lapsed into tremendous inconsistency.....

This is still a very solid team with a solid future....I should think with dropping a few players and bringing in a few players we will be set to challenge next year quite easily.....this is not a situation like Toronto or other teams that are heading downwards....Philly's future will be strong....

What we have to find out is the wildcards as in Primeau and KJ and if we can get rid of one of our lumbering defenceman ...hopefully hatcher....then we can have some serious money to spend.....and one must remember that the cap will slightly increase this year....and their will be many decent defenceman out there for us to grab.....

And one of the intangibles with the Flyers is that players love coming to Philly and play.......it is a class organization and the eastern seaboard offers some real nice living accomodations.....

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote