View Single Post
Old
09-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Fantom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
I just think the point of any fantasy sport is to scour the waiver wire and take chances with free agents... I feel limiting it to 20 or 25 would hurt the league because there would be even less activity.

I mean, you need at least 15 player adds just to keep your team strong from guys going on IR... so you're allowed 5 non-injury adds for the entire season?

If people want more trades to happen, work other teams, send proposals out to everyone, let people know who is on your trading block and what position you're looking to improve. I'm in a fantasy baseball league that allows 3 player adds a week (but unlimited on the season) and it has the intended effect everyone is looking for - people don't pick up a zillion players, but you're still limited enough to not go crazy (I missed out on picking up Mike Trout because I had already grabbed Matt Joyce... fail).

I did a league a couple years back that was real fun - essentially the positions were the exact same you'd see on a hockey team any given night:

C, C, C, C
LW, LW, LW, LW
RW, RW, RW, RW
D, D, D, D, D, D
G, G

That was fun because you were much more likely to take risks on your 4th winger and 6th defenseman.
I agree Limiting the number of waiver pickups would cause even less activity then we have now.
I want to do a keeper i think that would make ppl trade and do more

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote