View Single Post
Old
09-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Candyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
I don't know what attention he's getting besides the captain thing, where I'd imagine half the posts aren't pumping his tires.

Pascal Dupuis just had an amazing year and had 6 more points at 32. If Eric Tangradi rivaled that production at age 22 we'd be ecstatic. Now imagine a 19 year came to our club next season and did that while serving as the glue guy a line needs to be successful. We'd go nuts and the guy would be beyond untouchable, but because his point totals don't jump at out you, fans around the league could make the same comments you are.
The attention isn't as evident here as on social media where i've seen posts comparing him to Crosby, which is just ludacris.

If Tangradi played top line minutes and didn't put up 55 points i'd be disappointed. especially on this team.

Like i've said he had a good year, and that's great. but I wouldn't call him untouchable (unless you're referring to trades/movement). I think we need a bigger sample size before we put to much stock behind him. If he comes back next year and produces 70-80 points then the hype was worth it. If he comes back and produces 30 then all of the hype looks ridiculous.