Thread: Erik Cole!
View Single Post
Old
09-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Note to the OP: in here Pierre Gauthier is an evil man and nothing he did (plenty of top picks in 2012 and 2013, Cole, Emelin, Gorges, Eller...) was worthwhile.

Please refrain for posting positive stuff he did... it is not in synch with the program!

That being mentioned: Cole, or Mario (the video game) as one of my colleague calls him (she thinks he looks like him!), is a total pro. Vets like him (perfect work ethic and attitude + good production; Gionta also comes to mind) are extremely valuable.
I wasn't a fan of the Cole signing based on the cap hit/term...

He had almost a career year, which of course makes the signing look much better, short term.

Despite his good season, habs (as assembled by gainey/gauthier) were one of worst teams in the league

Question is can Cole repeat, or improve on last year? Or will that have been his peak? And if it was, how steep will the decline be over next 3 years?

Despite my early concerns, I'm cautiously optimistic that he's got 3 x 25+ goal seasons left, if he stays healthy, and may even shock us with a 35-40 goal season in there.

That would certainly vindicate gauthiers decision, I'll gladly eat the crow in that, but hardly enough to erase the other mistakes under his watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I doubt that Cole could repeat last year performance.
I just hope he puts together another solid season that coincides with a successful season instead of seeing it wasted in a lottery year

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote