View Single Post
Old
09-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Exactly, two most important positions in football. Both run their respective sides of the ball. Move Muamba to SAM linebacker, get a real force in the middle (maybe go after Bighill or Eliminian, both should start in the CFL, which will BC keep?). Find a real QB. Whether that's Elliott, Brink or elsewhere (it's not Pierce), IDK, but we need better players in key spots.

Hefney and Johnson are still fantastic players. Johnson has not been nearly as good this year, but this is a guy who was the best player in the CFL, IMO, last season, you don't get rid of that talent that fast. Hefney is a game breaker, he is not consistent, but he brings the energy and attitude to the defense. It gains lots of emotion. Not every player is a quite good about his business type, it's why leaders like Hefney and Willis are so valuable, they give a team identity. Those two guys are solid contributors, despite SOME struggles this year. Not as bad as some are saying, the lack of a consistent pass rush, the fact our LB's are not helping out and a Logan who is not offering much help due to injuries and inconsistency is killing us, IMO, not the DB's.
Elimimian (or bighill) is exactly the type of player the bombers need, imo. Good call HC. Right now the bombers are trying Jovon at SAM. Hmmmm. The guy is 5'9 180 lbs. I don't see that working out as well as they hope.

Injuries have hurt the team, especially at DB, but there is some talent there. They need a consistent playmaker in the middle.

At QB, it might be just me but Elliot seems to have zero mobility to avoid the rush. He is a pocket passer, doesn't even roll out much. Teams can pin their ears back and get after him. I'd blitz and pressure him all game to get him moving out of the pocket. 9 times out of 10, likely end up in sack. Brink has much better mobility, but when pressured, throws off his back foot and is much less accurate. I don't see a future for him but Elliot could develop into a Danny McManus type guy. Maybe.

There has to be a guy that can scramble and throw a bit on the run. I'd take a NFL cast off right about now.