View Single Post
Old
09-05-2012, 06:42 PM
TheBigKahuna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post

EDIT: For the record, I just don't think Boychuk is that good. Showing up to these half-assed skates isn't going to change that. And if he never becomes a regular NHLer people will point to things like this as why despite not knowing if that's truly the case. It is possible to not be any good.

No argument here. It's never fair to judge draft picks in hindsight....it's usually a gamble, even in the 1st round. But Boychuck just isn't NHL material. The longer he's in this organization, the more he's going to be passed over by better players. I will give some slack since most of his time has been under Maurice, who develops young talent like Yugoslavians build fine cars. But if Boychuck can't crack the lineup and stay there THIS season with Muller, he never will in my opinion. But Sens1Canes2 summed it up in quite a tidy fashion above. What Boychuck has done for the past 4 seasons hasn't been enough to impress or to make the team. Why not try something different. He most definitely needs more work than Sutter, etc.

TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote