View Single Post
Old
09-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasGM View Post
My issue is goalie ratings bug time MacDonald 72 ? But Bobrovsky and Budaj are lower 67 and 68 both played more games last 3 seasons lol
Both skaters and goalies are based on the last 164 games (or last two full seasons). Goalies were ranked based on a formula with multiple variables, and those variables and rankings were closely vetted. Ville can doubtless speak to it in detail, but shouldn't have to - the relative rankings are pretty consistently fair based on the players' actual performances. I suggest you ignore the names, and just look at the three goalies' numbers over the last couple of seasons.

EDIT: I should add that I'm not exactly thrilled with Travis Zajac's rating myself, but in going over the newest for the past couple of seasons, they're hard to argue with. Conversely, I'm generally pleased with the ratings for Columbus' blueline, (all pending testing, of course!), so I can't complain. I suspect that will be the case for all teams: a few guys they thought would rate out higher, a few guys lower. It should balance out. What matters now is how you manage your team based on the ratings you've got, to make the most of your strengths and minimize your weaknesses.

Last edited by Ohio Jones: 09-06-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote