Old
09-05-2012, 10:08 PM
TribalPhoenix
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Why not, I'll weigh in.

Main Card (PPV)
Jon Jones (c) vs Vitor Belfort

Oh yeah, going controversial. I wouldn't be surprised to see Belfort replicate what he did to Wanderlei in their first meeting, and just rushing in using his speed. The one advantage Vitor will have is in his hand speed - with his distinct reach disadvantage, he has to throw two punches before Jones gets a counter off, and he'll have to close the gap. I have a feeling he'll do it though.

Joseph Benavidez vs Demetrious Johnson

I love watching Mighty Mouse fight, and I actually like this fight as the co-main event. I've never been a big Benavidez fan, and Johnson is exciting. I'm gonna call a decision.

Michael Bisping vs Brian Stann

I think this will be the closest fight on the card, bar none... wouldn't be surprised to see Stann win. That said, Bisping has only been knocked out once, and that was by Dan Henderson (no shame in that) in one of the most epic knockouts in memory. On top of that, Bisping's striking is much more technically sound, while his submission defence is great. I see Bisping taking a UD.

Matt Hamill vs Vladimir Matyushenko

Matyushenko is even older now. Hamill isn't as old. I've liked Hamill, but he has looked pretty bad in past fights. That said, he'll be reinvigorated, and will be able to outpoint Matyushenko or even knock him out - I still remember him leaving Mark Munoz a crumpled heap with a head kick.

Cub Swanson vs Charles Oliveira

Olivieira will be a beast at 145. I like Swanson, but I think this kid is the future of the featherweight divison and is going to make his point.

Preliminary Card (FX)
Croatia Igor Pokrajac vs Vinny Magalh„es
TJ Grant vs Evan Dunham
Sean Pierson vs Lance Benoist
Jimy Hettes vs Marcus Brimage

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
Seth Baczynski vs Simeon Thoresen
Mitch Gagnon vs Walel Watson
Kyle Noke vs Charlie Brenneman

TribalPhoenix is online now   Reply With Quote