View Single Post
Old
09-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
5 classes isn't too bad, but the selection of classes....eeek.

COMM 308 is the worst class I've taken at JMSB - I worked my butt off for a B-, but its a compulsory so good luck.

MARK 453 may have changed the curriculum a little, but I took Advertising (think its called Marketing Communication now) last semester and the workload was pretty tough, but it's a pretty fun class and AFAIK there's no exam. Who's your prof for it?

I'm taking 454 this semester, I'll let you know how it goes...

I'm taking 486 next semester as well. We could be class buddies

Here's my fall schedule. yay for marketing and 3 hour classes

I ended up dropping 454 due to concerns about 308 being a lot to handle, so maybe that'll make things better (scratch that: it is making things better). Though I hear Brent Pearce (is he your prof?) is the absolute man.

453 prof is Darlene Walsh.

I've heard awful things about 308, but it has to be done...and as an ex-Lypny'er, it can't really be all that bad, no?

Class buddies?

Your fall schedule doesn't look too bad, honestly, it could be worse. 3-hour classes do suck, but the positive is that you don't need to show up multiple times a week. Suffering once is better than suffering twice, if the class is terrible.

On the other hand, I'm taking 226 and CHEM 208 (both online) this fall while I finish up my internship. I hear 226 is DESC 200-revisited, so I can only hope it's that much of a cakewalk.

451 is something I am definitely interested in taking too - sounds a lot more useful than the web marketing class. Keep me posted, or I'll pepper you in 486 in a few months with questions.

Oh, and thanks for your continuous advice; it's been very valuable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Hey, I'm considering joining the Sports Marketing Committee at John Molson.
What does this comprise of? Like meetings every week, etc. with that big conference and outings?
Also, a question more for Coldplay (you're high up in JMSM, right? ), but are you guys still looking for a Director of Marketing? It seems like something I'd be really interested in applying for.
The committee's flagship event is the annual Sports Marketing Conference, going on its 17th year. This year's flavour is JMSM12, and we're putting a fair bit of work into making it awesome (shameless plug: details, and teaser site). We do organize other events throughout the year, but none come close to the magnitude of JMSM12.

It's been a great experience so far, and it teaches you a lot about working as part of a team. Looks good on your CV too. Apply, and you'll be reporting to me.

Last edited by Coldplay: 09-06-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote