View Single Post
Old
09-06-2012, 08:55 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I dont think you can win that way anymore... I think the real "elite" forwards, play the game both ways. Parise, Crosby, Giroux... these guys aren't one dimensional scorers... they are complete players.

1 dimensional scorers don't fit in with the style of play necessary to win a championship.

You see any 1 dimensional, soft scorers eating up huge cap numbers in LA, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh?

yup... that sucks for Vanek... however, it doesn't change the fact that he's a mercurial softie who doesn't have anywhere close to a complete/well rounded game.

jersey retired? i doubt it.
leading scorer... yea, in an era of complete failure. What will you think of his legacy if over the course of his 7 year contract the Sabres won Zero playoff series?
Parise, Crosby, Giroux? LOL, Vanek isn't on the same level as those guys, of course he isn't. Try these names:

Ryan, Nash, Penner(Playoffs), Carter, Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Jagr (now, not prime).

We lack a Parise, Crosby, Giroux, Malkin type player. So do most teams. My point is simple:

Vanek isn't to blame for our lack of success over the last few years, we've been the Flames of the EC until last season and that was an absurd disappointment.
Vanek is one of the best (top 10-15%) goalscoring forwards in the game today, but his not a miracle worker and not good enough to carry a team that lack a tenacity (Kaleta couldn't do it all). He is an important part of our team though.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote