View Single Post
Old
09-06-2012, 10:47 AM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP View Post
If we do a keeper league, what about adding a prospect draft?

Do a 3 round prospect draft where you can pick any player from the last two NHL entry drafts. You keep those players in your 'farm system' (or can trade them for future picks or active roster players) until you activate them to your roster. They're yours until you put them on your roster or until they play 50 gms in the NHL, at which point they go to the waiver wire.

Again, Yahoo may not allow that type of customization, but we can track it in a google docs sheet or something.
I'm in a keeper league in Yahoo. We started last year and traded draft picks for this year. Also, at the end of the year we had a prospect draft for prospects to be added to the team this year. We don't have farm teams, we just have really large teams and keep players and prospects on it. For example I have Kirill Kabanov on my team. The problem with Yahoo is that not all prospects are listed so some of the guys won't be found. But this year, after we decide which players we would like to keep, you would be able to draft most of the prospects from the 12 draft before the season begins.

nyiguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote