View Single Post
Old
05-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
I don't put any blame whatsoever on Kovalev. He tried out there and it was obvious that Carolina was keying on him. We just didn't have any offensive weapons to use other than Kovy so it was relatively easy for them to neutralize him. I feel Kovy's pain in this case.

We didn't have the depth to challenge Carolina without Koivu and that was the difference. We don't have the all-around team to play without a key member of our squad. That comes with time and the right players. A team like Buffalo can play without a guy like Briere because they have a team concept, they can all beat you with the time and space. Carolina could leave Bulis all alone and not worry a second about him, that was the problem.

BG had to call out Kovy and Ribs because those are his go to guys. Kovy was just upset, and that's understandable because I was too so I can imagine how it would feel to have a microphone stuck in your face blaming you for not playing your hardest. I'd rather have a guy tell it like it is rather than just laugh it off. The fact is a team isn't made up by 1 or 2 guys. It is 20 guys that need to go in the same direction.

Cap