View Single Post
Old
12-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Walsher

vCash: 500
To me whats not to support? He has done everything in his power to keep this team playing at a highly competitive level.

Poti for York - a definate upgrade. IMO York is the Oilers best all around player and has helped immensely.

Carter-Pisa for Dvorak-Cross - this too was another steal. Dvorak really wants to be in Edmonton and his game is perfectly suited for Oilers hockey. Carter wanted out whether he said so publicly or not. As ugly as Cross has been lately he is a definate upgrade on Pisa.

Niniimaa for Isbister-Torres - the jury is still out on this one to many people. Personally I feel that Lowe was able to get a very good value in return for Janne. Torres has always been coveted by the Oilers and has proven his worth. As inconsistent as Isbister has been has has shown flashes of that potential he has even through a tough start do to injury. Really the Oilers got younger, cheaper, deeper up front, with giving up a guy they would have likely lost anyways.

Signing guys like Staios, Oates - giving opportunity to Reasoner, Pisani, Stoll. To me very good moves that often fo unnoticed.

Drafting has improved dramatically since the Sather debocles of the mid 90's. Hemsky, Niniimaki, Poulliot, Stoll, etc. The players are in place. The management has done its job in getting a team that is competitive while still producing youth in the system that will be able to fill in when ready.