View Single Post
Old
09-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Im not sure of the numbers, but I don't suspect you hold out on the CHL unless you have offers on the table already.

You're right, not everyone in the junior ranks has this opportunity, but we are talking about the higher end talents that could be playing decent minutes in the CHL, that arent by virtue of their own choice.
Good discussion! From the perspective of a player I can tell you how my son feels.

He was not drafted this past April, was quite disappointed initially but bounced back admirably. I asked him if he still loved the game and was willing to continue to work hard to play at the highest level possible. He agreed and proved it this summer. We'll see about next summer.

Ultimately for many players there is no one moment in time where a kid decides CHL/OJHL/NCAA. If he is good enough next year to play OJHL he will continue to work at his game. Many kids develop at different rates, see Mark Jankowski as an example.

Given the NCAA propensity to sign older kids (at a camp in Connecticut this summer most NCAA coaches suggested 20 as a more standard entry age going forward) this avenue makes sense for the slower developing players.

Ultimately, I think it is positive for the kids that still really want it that there are different leagues out there in order for them to play this great game they love.

Crottenham is offline   Reply With Quote