View Single Post
Old
09-06-2012, 01:15 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Whether it's silly or not is another discussion. The Wings have expectations, and one of those is a demonstration of commitment. Choosing to play in GR instead of running back to Europe is showing that commitment. Doing so puts him in a better position to make the team.
And yet, we I hear people say that Jarnkrok or Pulkinnen shoudl stay overseason an extra year.

I agree that it puts Brunner in position to make the team. I'm just not sold that he'd be willing to play a year in GR like Leino did, as was mentioned in the article. I don't think that has been established.

Quote:
And that's even another discussion. Tatar has showed a lot of commitment and dedication as far as I can tell. If he doesn't get a shot soon, I wouldn't blame him one bit for leaving at this point. And I would agree that that would be a foul-up by the Wings. However, Brunner is in a completely different situation. While Tatar has played 3 full seasons in NA, Brunner has never played a game here, let alone a season, or any time in the NHL. Whether you agree with the Wings or not, he needs to show a little dedication to the NA game to give himself the best chance of playing for the Wings. And he appears to be doing that. So, again, credit to him.
IMO, if there is no lockout ... And Brunner comes to camp and earns a spot, he's got it. If he doesn't and he's reassigned, I don't blame him if he goes back to Switzerland.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote