Thread: Proposal: Saad for Plekanec
View Single Post
Old
09-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
I don't find it unreasonable to say Plekanec is better than Roy. I do however find that of recent trades for centers, Roy's trade is the most relevant because he is the most comparable guy in age, skill set, and the fact that they both are coming off of unspectacular years. That is why i feel that a reasonable value basis would be on the level of Ott and Pardy as opposed to some of the more...interesting evaluations I've seen. I don't really know anything about Pardy so I struggle to find a comparable deal for Chicago to propose.
3-4 years ago, I would agree Roy's value is equal if not superior to Plekanec's. However, recent injury woes and and a minor decline in Roy's game definitely tilt the value debate in Plek's favor, who has actually continued growing into the 2-way stud (borderline Selke candidate, IMO) that he currently is.

Also, I have to mention I've never liked Buffalo's return in the Roy to Dallas trade, so it is hardly convincing for me to argue a Plekanec deal would involve a similar return. Pardy is a non-factor in that trade, from my understanding of things. Very bad value for an above-average 2-way 2nd line C.