Thread: OHL Draft 2006
View Single Post
Old
05-03-2006, 10:21 AM
jwalk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg
It's possible but they need offense really bad, thats their biggest weakness is forwards that make things happen, Painchaud is an overager and might end up in the AHL next season, Sarnia struggled without Painchaud, Pospisil carried his load, but guys like Reed, Tront, Lombardi, etc. will all be good players but will never become what Brian Little is to Barrie, and what Wotek Wolski is to Brampton etc. they need a forward who can be a leader offensively, sarnia's big seasons to take a run at the memorial cup will be in 07-08 and 08-09 so they need to bring in a star 1989/1990 forward as soon as possible to get him set in the system of whatever coach they can land, i'm sure they'll get someone good, they took camp over Craig Hartsberg and Ted Nolan... Millar took Camp over the 2 cause they worked together, shows how smart of an idea that was... reguardless they need to go offense, but with Millar's "championships are won from the net out" policy and the desparate need for a gifted offensive forward i believe that it'll be 50/50 betwen Del Zotto and Hodgson if Stamkos pulls a screw job on Sarnia.
I totally agree that you've got to address the lack of offense -the problem is that from what I understand that Hodgson is considering playing tier 2 in Markham and then going the College route. It appears that he is another question mark. Del Zotto scored well over 100 points in midget and is supposed to be a sure thing,and the only other kid in Stamkos' league. I think you take the best player available no matter what the position.
AS far as your idea about having a rule separating the OHA players from the NCAA ones - I concur with ktown and I would like to see it. The only problem is that I don't believe that the kids declare themself for the draft.