View Single Post
Old
09-06-2012, 03:10 PM
CavemanLawyer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Tough to watch the U.S. men in tennis nowadays. Not a whole lot there since Sampras and Agassi left.
Always have conversations with my dad regarding this. Its a shame really. Isner and uh...Isner. Isner just won't ever be the complete package and because of that will never win anything. He is gonna stay at 9-15 ranking I'm guessing. He manages to move "deepish", but you can't keep going to 4/5 sets on your opening rounds and have a chance at winning, they all need to be 3 and over. Djoko every match has been 3, Murray has had two 3s and a 4, etc. Theres also Jack Sock, but hes so rough right now that I really can't tell if hes a flash in the pan or what.

But yeah Roddicks career was a shame. Right when he hits number one just a landslide of generational legendary talent hits the court. Always loved how in awe he was of it too. Press conferences he just would just shower those guys with praise, almost like he knew just how lucky he was to be able to see these top players up close. Was like he was just as big of a fan of Federer and co. as all the rest of us.