View Single Post
Old
09-06-2012, 04:04 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I ended up dropping 454 due to concerns about 308 being a lot to handle, so maybe that'll make things better (scratch that: it is making things better). Though I hear Brent Pearce (is he your prof?) is the absolute man.

453 prof is Darlene Walsh.

I've heard awful things about 308, but it has to be done...and as an ex-Lypny'er, it can't really be all that bad, no?

Class buddies?

Your fall schedule doesn't look too bad, honestly, it could be worse. 3-hour classes do suck, but the positive is that you don't need to show up multiple times a week. Suffering once is better than suffering twice, if the class is terrible.

On the other hand, I'm taking 226 and CHEM 208 (both online) this fall while I finish up my internship. I hear 226 is DESC 200-revisited, so I can only hope it's that much of a cakewalk.

451 is something I am definitely interested in taking too - sounds a lot more useful than the web marketing class. Keep me posted, or I'll pepper you in 486 in a few months with questions.

Oh, and thanks for your continuous advice; it's been very valuable.

The committee's flagship event is the annual Sports Marketing Conference, going on its 17th year. This year's flavour is JMSM12, and we're putting a fair bit of work into making it awesome (shameless plug: details, and teaser site). We do organize other events throughout the year, but none come close to the magnitude of JMSM12.

It's been a great experience so far, and it teaches you a lot about working as part of a team. Looks good on your CV too. Apply, and you'll be reporting to me.
Oh yeah! I applied last night, forgot to message you.
I sent in a CV, but I forgot to add "excellent at survival skills, once got lost on Mount Royal with JMSM VP of Marketing for like 3 1/2 hours "

Also, I'm taking 453 next semester, tell me how it goes. I hear Walsh is a really good teacher.