View Single Post
Old
09-06-2012, 09:12 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thicke View Post
Hamilton has the all-round game needed to make the NHL and just has to adjust to the size and speed of the pro level game. The two-way, physical and hard working centerman can play all the forward positions but is better at center because his speeding is very good to play the full 200ft of the ice and his playmaking skills are better suited to the middle ice position. He's the type of player that teams need to win games and championships. In the last seven years, most players who are chosen to play on Team Canada at the WJC tournament and play a big role in the line-up have gone on to play in the NHL. Some more successful than others. Some of the players who are cut from Team Canada's WJC squad use it as motivation in their careers to make an impact at the next levels, just to prove that they should have made the team.

All that being said about Hamilton, maybe he wouldn't be as high on the list if the other Sharks' prospects were stronger players at this time. The Top 20 list is always changing as each new season starts and progresses. That's why the HF site does a few each year to reflect those changes in the prospects' development. I hope this helps you understand more of my thinking on the Top 20 list.

Thanks for reading the article and making comments on it! It is really appreciated by me!
You misunderstand me. I have no issue with where he's ranked, but rather that people think he could be a top-6 forward. From everything I've heard, he seems like the prototypical 3rd liner and nothing more offensively. I love his defensive game and his speed and physicality and his intelligence, but I just don't think he has the offensive potential to cut it in a scoring role.

(Obviously, I'm just basing this on the admittedly small sample size of games from the WJC, and from lost of people who watch him play, so I guess I could be way, way off).