View Single Post
Old
09-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
The boxes cost so much, I just go on eBay and look for Rangers and cheap Young Guns. I got some pretty good Young Guns for cheap through buying lots and just searching. No Nugent-Hopkins or Halls or anything like that but I got some pretty good players.

I have a few The Cup rookie patches of Rangers that I don't think I did too bad on. I don't have a beckett or anything but looking at the Buy Now prices I did pretty good bidding.
If you're gonna do individuals for low-mid end cards including non-prestigious young guns then I'd recommend checkoutmycards.com. There is shipping per card but it's quite cheap and the amoun tof listings and prices I find are often better, less bidding happening. I'd also recommend CanadianHockeyCards if you're in Canada (I dunno their US shipping). Quite a decent selection of rookie hockey cards but I don't like their rookie card prices (the prices on some of their singles are excellent though, lots of 15 cent-$1 cards. They do have some good rookie cards like MVP or Collector's Choice Rookies for $2-4 but Young Guns are always overpriced since that's the one everyone wants.

Btw, anyone know of a material which is really thin but a bit more solid than cardboard. I tried printing the Lidstrom card I made above (the one with the back) on photo paper but gluing the photo paper to a cut-out piece of cereal box cardboard or something is still too flimsy.

EDIT: Made a new vintage using the OPC 1971 for inspiration but added the canvas colour. Gonna re-do this with a vintage effect applied to Giroux himself. Can't wait to do the back of this.

Last edited by Kloparren: 09-07-2012 at 02:11 AM.