View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 03:13 AM
ScoutingBC

vCash: 500
BC Defencemen - Top 10 List

Just wanted to tap-out my Top 10 D-men in BC (in order):
1. Barberis (BWC). Talk to the folks at the Giants Academy in Tsawassen and they’ll tell you that this guy is totally dedicated, with serious hockey smarts. As long as he can still grow a bit, he will flourish in Major Jr.
2. Fabbro (BWC). More flash than Barberis, and likely to end up with more size so … it’s a toss-up between these two. Matt wins on heart and work-ethic, but I suppose Dante has more offensive upside. Either way, these are Top-5 overall guys in my BC book.
3. Ginetti. BWC is ridiculous on Defence.
4. Josh Anderson, from the Island. Wish we could watch him play more games against top-flight squads.
5. Rizzolo is another good pick up for OHA. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re stronger than POE this season.
6. Cholowski, the liquid-smooth skater from Langley. Not sure he’s getting the respect he deserves these days. Small-ish, but so poised and smart.
7. Purhar, yet another from BWC … their Defence is crazy good.
8. Carter Stevenson from West Van. The only high-end player at a very high-end Country Club.
9. Turanski, one of the few big Defencemen this year.
And finally, the biggest defencemen …
10. Paivarinta from Abbotsford. The potential of that size adding some skills makes him worth putting on this list.

ScoutingBC is offline   Reply With Quote