View Single Post
09-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Originally Posted by
1. Who were the top two LW's then? Not being funny, just don't remember.
2. Stupid point. So because it's above the norm you discount it? That happened to be when we didn't completely rely on him only for PP. His an powerful force on the PP, and PP is an important part of the game.
I don't hope to change your opinion, and I'm not saying his a 40 goal scorer. I think his a good, hard working 30+ goal scorer who can be a little streaky on occasions but the good outweighs the bad. His not a defensive presence but his not a liability either.
A player like P.Kane in the middle or RW would give us a dangerous top line. As it is his being asked to carry an offense which lacks depth. THAT is the problem, not his play.
Can you at least agree the stat was interesting/surprising?
1. the lines were :
There was some variation... but no argument that the young Roy line got the easy minutes.
2. It's not "above the norm"... it's an anomaly. Do you know how many hockey players scored 20 PP goals in a season since Vanek did it... ONE.... ONCE in the last 3 years. (Stamkos). Since then Vanek has scored 10, 11, and 10 PP goals... NO WHERE close to 20. heck, only 6 players scored more then 15 PP goals in the last 3 years.
I don't know what stat I am supposed to think is interesting
Here's an interesting stat:
1. Vanek has scored less then 20 ES goals in 2 of the last 3 seasons (the other season he scored 21)
2. Vanek has not scored more then 11 PP goals in any of the last 3 seasons
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Jame