Thread: Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0
View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 09:56 AM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
As several others have said, this is definitely the best prospect list HF has done. However, I don't really agree with the rankings or some of the 'projections'.

I don't think Hamilton projects easily as a top 6 forward - I could see him developing into a 40pt shutdown center (which would be awesome!) but I'm not so sure his scoring will translate at the next level. This season in the AHL should be telling and I'd really, really love it if you turn out to be right about him.

I think both Abeltshauser and DeMelo should be ranked above Doherty, as both project to be top 4 d-men and have a pretty decent chance of reaching that upside. I do think Doherty has NHL upside (and huge upside if, huge if, he can put it together) but he's going to be a long term project.

I don't think Tierney projects to be a shutdown center, more of a two way scoring forward. As mentioned in his write up, he changed his game over the course of the past two seasons so he could earn a spot on the 4th line as a shutdown center, but he has some good offensive upside that should shine this year with the Knights graduating 3 of their top centers to the next level.

I don't think Viedensky should've been dropped from the top 20, it took him a while to get used to the pro game last year but by the 2nd half of the season he had the defensive side figured out (he was fantastic on the PK) and I think this season we'll see him pick up the offensive side as well.

I also think O'Regan and Ryan should be ranked above the likes of Lalancette, Mashinter, Ferriero based on skill and upside.

Lastly, Sateri has played 1 season in NA so I'm not sure when he was supposed to show he can carry a team. From what I've seen, read, heard of him he's got starter upside and from what I've gathered the Sharks org loves him. I love Stalock and think if he's pretty close to breaking into the NHL as a backup, but I see Sateri as the SJ goalie of the future.