View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 10:09 AM
  #46
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 22,180
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
riiight.

Klein is the most gaffe prone defenseman we've in recent memory. He has his moments (Detroit series) but you can't teach a cat how to bark. 4 million. Please. If that's his asking price we should trade him now to the highest bidder. On an elite team, he should be bottom pair.
There's a funny thing about defensemen. You can have blueliners that are fantastic 95% of the time, but the other 5% they screw up and it's very visible. Those are the sorts of guys that you love to have on the second pairing, because you both minimize the impact of those gaffes when they come and in the vast majority of the remaining time you have an awesome guy shutting down secondary scoring for the opposition.

And if you find a partner who clicks with that guy and can figure out that 5% and cover for it - particularly if said partner also has his own 5% and that guy can cover for it in his turn - you can end up with, well, results that are so remarkable that they're hardly believable on first or second or even third glance*.

*: Note the two big blue dot names right by Shea Weber and Ryan Suter, around the "middle" of the first chart on that page. Then see the description following same, particularly the second and third paragraphs.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote