Thread: Confirmed with Link: John Madden joins scouting staff
View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Wow, still zero in regards to your argument, just guess work, assumption and speculation.

You really are drinking the Bergevin Kool-aid there. Funny you being on the other side now.
No, it's called direct and continuing experience in the same field....

Though I do appreciate that you are admitting that you were drinking the Gauthier/gained kook aid. Sorry though, while you may have realized the mistake of clinging to the blinders with them, doesn't mean that others are by default just as likely to mistakenly build up opinions on such flawed grounds.

I like the moves MB has made so far, but so far is a few months with zero pressure... It's what he does when things go wrong, and/or how well his Vision pans out that will determine his success, not fan opinion at this stage.

I took the same approach to Gauthier whenhe was promoted, defending some of his early moves either bc I agreed with them/saw the rational, or bc I realized that gained had left him in a crummy situation to work from. The main difference of course being that he had a hand in the mess he inherited, and while none of us know for sure to what extent, MB comes in with no "dirt on his hands".

Gauthier cemented his failure with how poorly he dealt with last seasons struggles, adding yet another failure to his resume... But I guess you'd still call him a good hire for the hawks scouting department bc hey, he's got experience (lucky for us, madden doesn't have the type of "pro scout for a team that added Scott freaking Gomez" on his resume, hopefully he never gets that kind of "experience")

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote