View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 01:34 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
While not in a department associated directly with this, I was interning at MSG at the time and I believe this is correct. The lockout ended and the schedule came out a day or two later. It was essentially 10-12 days before the first games were being played if I remember correctly so it was an absurd turnaround. I think they did the first few games by number because it takes too much time to print, package, and send out everything with the updated information to every STH in that short of a span. It wouldn't surprise me too much if you printed your own tickets and it had the right info on it. But I don't think the hard tickets had all of the info right off the bat. The only game on the schedule that stuck from the original pre-lockout schedule was the Christmas day games anyway.
That makes sense. I did order Knicks ticket off StubHub for a game early in January and that had all the game info but I could see why the hard tickets didn't have them. You could do the first couple of games with game number but you can't do the whole season. I could just see fans and the arena running into issues when you begin to get into the 20's with game numbers.